| LabCommerce brings to you an array of environmental testing and analytical chemistry services from leading laboratories in Northern California. These analytical services follow stringent methods, for example:
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Compendium Methods
1) TO-14 and TO-15 Laboratory analysis of volatile organic compounds (VOCs), halogenated and aromatic volatiles and polar organic compounds collected in specially prepared stainless steel canisters or Tedlar bags using cryogenic trapping and gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS ). The detection limit for regular full scan GC/MS analysis is 1 ppbv for most of compounds. However, the detection limits can be lowered to 0.2 ppbv using GC/MS in selected ion monitoring (SIM) mode.
2) TO-10 and TO-13 Laboratory analysis of pesticides, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) and dioxin, using low and high volume PUF/XAD and high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), GC/MS or electrochemical deposition (ECD).
3) All other EPA Compendium Methods - Laboratory analysis of hydrocarbons, total nonmethane organic compound (NMOC) speciation, phenols, nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA), phosgene, aldehydes and ketones using a variety of air sampling equipment and techniques.
EPA Method 18, SW846 Method 0030, SW46 Method 0040, SW846 Method 0010 Laboratory analysis of volatile and semi-volatile organic compounds in sorbent tubes, Tedlar bags and gas tight syringe, using gas chromatography/flame ionization detector (GC/FID), gas chromatography/electrochemical deposition (GC/ECD), gas chromatography/photo ionization detection/electroconductivity detection (GC/PID/ELCD) and GC/MS.
Dissolved Gas Analysis
Analysis of dissolved Methane, Ethyne/Ethene/Ethane, Carbon Dioxide, and Hydrogen Sulfide in water, using EPA Headspace Analytical Method 3810 and Henry Gas Law.
Product outgassing in environmentally controlled (temperature/humidity) chambers.
NIOSH and OSHA Methods
Analysis of formaldehyde in sorbent tubes where you work and where you live.
1) Indoor Air Sampling (IAS) for volatile organic compounds, pesticides/PCBs/Chlordanes, Polynuclear Aromatic Compounds (PACs).
2) House Dust Analysis (HDA) for pesticides/PCBs/Chlordanes and PACs.
Other Analytical Services
1) Odor Analysis
2) Perimeter Sampling Services (fenceline monitoring)
- Remote sensing.
- Direct read.
- Read-out and recording.
- Automated contaminant detection system consulting.
- Real-time onsite analysis of hazardous compounds.
- Provide real-time and near real-time solutions to fence line excursions of noxious or hazardous constituents.
- Health risk evaluations using state-of-the art GC/MS and sample collection techniques.
3) Fugitive Emissions Evaluate the presence of contaminants and determine emission rates around valves, fittings and control units at industrial remediation sites.
- Flux Chamber Perform this field method which establishes soil to air emission rates. This is applicable to underground solvent plumes, landfills, bioremediation piles and natural attenuation studies for fuel storage facilities, wastewater plants and agriculture off-gas programs.
- Trace Gas Studies Perform tracer gas studies at client facilities utilizing nonhazardous compounds (e.g., sulfur hexafluoride), which are released at the source area and are monitored to model air transport contaminants.
4) Emission Analysis, Characterization, Calibration and System Commissioning
5) Landfill Gas
- Onsite or offsite analysis of landfill gas for a variety of toxic constituents, ozone precursor compounds, methane and NMOC.
- Provide insight to offsite migration through perimeter soil gas surveys, ambient and well gas monitoring, and fence line monitoring.
6) Referee Lab
- Analyze split quality control (QC) samples under a referee or QC program established by the client.
7) Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) Trial Burn Analysis
8) SOx, NOx, CO, HCl, H2S, Cl2 and NH3 Analysis
9) Analysis of Personnel Monitoring Devices
- Routine and critical testing of employee monitoring devices for potential exposure to hazardous constituents.
- Provide guidance in establishing health and safety support facilities to determine the levels of exposure for most constituents of concern.
10) Compliance Testing
- Compliance testing of stacks and vents, remediation systems and air pollution control devices.
- Specific sampling analysis plans for compliance at Department of Energy (DOE), Department of Defense (DOD), municipal and industrial facilities.
11) System Integrity Testing - Leak checking of valves and fittings.
12) Sample Checking
- Prepare customized second source samples for analysis by operational and field laboratories.
- Prepare the custom blend and provide the replicate analysis to certify the final results of the particulate emission (PE) sample.
13) Develop Site-Specific Quality Assurance Project Plan (QAPP) - Utilize clients database and experience to assist in developing a QAPP that will meet their project needs.
14) Health and Safety Plan - Comprehensive health and safety program that meets the requirements of an offsite or onsite laboratory operation; assist clients in developing a specific or general health and safety plan for their projects.
15) Data Review and Audit Provide data review resources and systems to conduct or assist in data review and laboratory audits.
Using analytical guidelines and best practices, the companies that LabCommerce represents enforce quality assurance (QA) in their operations to ensure integrity of air samples and reliability of results. QA begins with the receipt of samples to initiate a chain of custody (COC) and a tracking system for each sample. Custody is maintained through the storage of each sample and through the analytical processes, to the final reporting of results and eventually the disposal of the sample. Using QA, the correct methods are performed, the proper criteria followed, and corrective actions documented for data evaluation by the client.
Call us now at (408) 265-6482 to find out more about these analytical services, or send us an email at info@LabCommerce.com.